April 27, 2013

Unglued Devotional by Lysa Terkeurst


After reading Made to Crave, I was very excited to have the opportunity to read the Unglued Devotional also by Lysa Terkeurst. This is a companion devotional to the bestselling book Unglued.  Together the two books encourage readers to handle emotional struggles and have more peaceful relationships. The book is divided into 60 days of devotional entries.  Each one includes a daily opening Scripture, a truth-based thought for the day, a 1-2 page devotion, and a closing prayer. 

I highly recommend this book!  I read it each morning as my quiet time devotional.  Because each established “day” of devotion is a short nugget, even this busy stay at home mom could find the time to read it.  But that is not to say it is shallow.  The book immediately directs the reader to Scripture, challenges us to move beyond our predicted, possibly ineffective paths of reacting, and gives us a thought for the day to remind us of who God truly is.  I definitely experienced uncomfortable moments while reading the book because I was forced to move out of my comfort zone into new ways of relating to people. The order of each daily entry was a natural flow of my emotional journey, so that just when I was curious about the next step there was new truth to guide me.  I suggest purchasing both the Unglued book and the companion Devotional, as the combination will just further deepen any reader’s understanding.

No comments: