February 2, 2011

Blizzard 2011

Newscasters have been calling it the Blizzard of Twenty-Eleven!  This storm has ravaged much of the U.S., but Northern Illinois was hit with the "blizzard warning", and it didn't disappoint.  We received at least 18 inches in the span of about 12 hours.  Thankfully, everyone I know is safe and sound.  We didn't even lose power, and we have an experience of a lifetime.  We're enjoying the final hours of a "Snow Day" for Dad, the kids, and almost everyone!!!  As I type this, I'm listening to Michael W. Smith & Amy Grant being interviewed on K-LOVE, watching my kids play in the snow (yes, it's 23 degrees) and feeling sorry for my husband as he shovels a very long driveway.  I have over 100 hundred pictures from this snow event, but let me summarize it with this one taken from my front door...

5 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

That is a lot of snow!! It's so fun to me to see winter in the north through your eyes. I've been here for so long that I forget how exciting and strange all the snow and stuff can be. :)

Sheila said...

And those of us down south would love to see a bit of that. Maybe not that much, though. That's hilarious! I do find it interesting that our temperatures are as cold as yours though! The wind chill is supposed to drop below zero tonight in Austin. That's freakin' cold! I would so NOT survive in the north!

Alicia said...

Oh my goodness, comments are SO fun! Texas weather has been crazy this week-very cold there! Below zero is just incomprehensible, you know? I've almost made it through winter #1-just 2 more to go! Although, I want to take my house with me!!

Steve said...

All I can say is Wow!

We had 6" here in South Carolina, and it was amazing. When I pastored in KY, we had a 15" snow fall once, and the year I was stationed at Groton for sub school it got below zero and stayed there for weeks, but not much snow.

Growing up in Georgia, you don't see this white stuff very often. Enjoy your kids playing in the snow. And put some more pictures up. I love it!

Lydia Russell said...

Holy Moly that's a lot of snow!