April 21, 2011

Hearts at Home Bloggers: The Miracle of Miracles

I am excited to be a part of the Hearts at Home blogging community! The third Thursday of each month this community will blog about a pre-selected topic! I can’t wait to read all the diverse and original points of view. So for this initial post, we will get the ball rolling with the following question:

Have you experienced any miracles in your life?

Most definitely! I’ve been very sick, and awakened one morning completely well! I’ve given and received forgiveness for wrongs that could only be possible with the intervention of the Lord. I’ve been on a mission trip to Kenya where an evangelistic conversation that began needing two translators ended in the American and Kenyan understanding each other directly! All very powerful experiences, but by far the most amazing miracle I have experienced is…

being raised from the dead.

You read that correctly. I have been raised from the dead. Romans 5:12 says, “Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people…” Subsequently, 1 Corinthians 15:21 says, “For since death came through a man, the resurrection of the dead comes also through a man.”

Which is what makes Romans 5:6-8 MIRACULOUS:

“You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die. But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us!”

He did that for me! He did that for me? He did that for me!! Miraculous!! While I was still dead in my sinful nature, completely unable to even make the first step towards Him, Philippians 2:8-11 says he took these ENORMOUS, MIRACULOUS, GOD-SIZED steps towards me:

8 And being found in appearance as a man,  
   he humbled himself
   by becoming obedient to death—
   even death on a cross!
9 Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
   and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
   in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
   to the glory of God the Father.

And this truth in my life leaves me with no other response but the one Peter expressed in 1 Peter 1:3-5:

“Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade. This inheritance is kept in heaven for you, who through faith are shielded by God’s power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time.”

I hope that no matter what miracles you have experienced in your life, that you also have experienced this one. It will not only change your heart, it will change your eternity! If you don’t think you have experienced this miracle personally, please email me: experiencingeachmoment@gmail.com. I would be more than happy to talk with you about it! The miraculous work has already been done-you just have to choose to receive it!

1 comment:

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

LOL! Hi my sweet friend! Imagine my surprise as I blog hopped and landed here at your blog! :D I love how you wrote about the greatest miracle of all. A great reminder right before Easter. :)