October 21, 2007

Sweet Moments of Mommyness

Yesterday was Timothy's first dentist appt. Yes, everyone can collectively gasp. He is 4 yrs and 4 months, and just had his 1st appt. With all his sensory issues, I have been terrified to take him. The school he goes to requires a current appt, so I had to do it. Dan was truly my hero by getting off work early and taking Timothy to the dentist for me!!! Did I mention I was dreading it?

Timothy turned out to be quite the trooper. He listened to the dentist very well and got kuddos from everyone. As soon as he got home, however, he was glued to my hip. For those of you who really know Timothy, you know that he is rarely needy or clingy. I thought maybe since he had to push himself to his sensory limits in that appt that maybe this was his way of balancing everything out. I thought that until this morning!!!

He woke up and immediately wanted to lay on the couch with a blanket and said, "I want mommy to cuddle me". He's not emotional. He's sick! Within hours he had a fever. It's been so long since he's been sick like this, but this is the type of virus that he always gets. The only symptoms are fever and exhaustion. And boy is this fever for real. He had tylenol in him when I put him to bed tonight. When he woke up a couple of hours later, it was 103.4. (Moms: Am I right to add a degree if it's under the arm?)

Now is the part where I sound like a terrible mom. I had the nicest day today because I got to love on Timothy all day. Dan had duty today, so it was me and the kids. Thankfully, Samantha is very good at entertaining herself. I held Timothy all day unless I was feeding Samantha or going to the store. I'm usually lucky if I get to hold him for 1 minute, much less all day! And this is the 2nd day in a row! I enjoyed it very much.

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

Ooohhh, store up all that sweet cuddlyness!! Will hasn't been to the dentist either and he doesn't have sensory issues. It's hard enough to get him to let me brush his teeth. I can just imagine what the dentist will be like.