March 8, 2008

Blogs of Note!

If you don't know by now, Stephanie, is my blogging mentor. I know she's totally laughing at me right now for calling her that, but she has taught me so much and is patient as I catch on to this wild frontier known as blogging. One blog I learned about through her is I'm an Organizing Junkie. If organizing your home is a passion (or should be), this is a must visit stop. Orgjunkie is calling us all to organize a different room of the house each month this year, and March is the dining room. That seemed pretty doable to me, so you'll be seeing before and after shots later this month! Stephanie was picked as one of orgjunkie's top 12 kitchens in Feb. Go Steph!

The other thing Steph introduced me to was google reader. As many of you may know, the nice thing about Xanga is that you can subscribe and you'll get an email when there is a new post. This means you don't have to remember to check the blogs of everyone you know. Blogspot doesn't have that capability, so the reader does it for you. All you have to have is a google account, and if you have a blog here you already have that! You put the blogs into basically a blog address book, and then the reader tells you when there is a new post for each blog. I actually leave my computer on the google reader page all day, and then I can just look real fast if I'm passing by. No more spending 15 minutes checking everyone's blogs only to find out no one had anything new to say! It's AWESOME! This has allowed me to also regularly visit some blogs out there that I find inspiring and insightful.

This journey led me to some blogs written by women who are contributors to CWO (Christian Women Online). What a great online magazine!!! There are several writers so if you don't particularly connect with one, you are bound to connect with another. Besides their contributions to CWO, Lisa, The Preacher's Wife, and Amy, In Pursuit of Proverbs 31, have fantastic personal blogs. I hope you enjoy!

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

You're right! As soon as I read the line about me being your mentor I busted out laughing - LOUD.

I love seeing what other people are reading. I should send you my reader list. It's WAY more than what's on my sidebar. Some frugal blogs. Some personal blogs. Some just to make me think blogs. If I get time this week I'll do that.