March 5, 2008

Book Meme

Okay, I saw the coolest Meme on Alana's blog and I just couldn't pass it up. This would be fun even if you aren't a blogger! Here are the rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book of at least 123 pages.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the 5th sentence.
4. Post the next 3 sentences (put them on a comment here if you don't blog).

My book is...
Quiet Times for Couples by H. Norman Wright

I've actually been meaning to recommend it, but since this week all I can seem to do is recommend things instead of write about my life it seemed a little silly. Dan and I have been going through it since the beginning of the year. We read it right before bed, and it always is thought provoking enough to initiate a nice little conversation. In fact, the reason it was near me is that I was scanning it for him to read on the ship his week, per his request. Okay, back to the meme:

"Greed's cry is, 'It's never enough.' You've seen it in others and felt it in yourself: just one more piece of pie, one more hour of work, one more new dress or suit. In his second letter, Peter talks about 'a heart trained in greed' (2:14, NASB)."

Amazon has excerpts of the first 5 days of the year. If you've been looking for something to do with your spouse, you can't go wrong. Don't let the cheesy 70's romance-novel looking cover scare you! Consider yourself tagged.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah i totally thought that was a romance novel!! LOL thanks for clearing that up!