September 4, 2009

Aloha Friday: Class Sizes


Kailani of An Island Life writes...In Hawaii, Aloha Friday is the day that we take it easy and look forward to the weekend. So I thought that on Fridays I would take it easy on posting, too. Therefore, I’ll ask a simple question for you to answer. Nothing that requires a lengthy response. If you’d like to participate, just post your own question on your blog and leave your link below. Don’t forget to visit the other participants! It’s a great way to make new blog friends!

California schools (and San Diego Unified in particular) have had some serious budget issues. In light of that our class sizes for K-3 grades are going from 20 students last year to 24 or more students this year.
What grade is your child in, and how many students are in his or her class?

10 comments:

Sprmommy said...

We home school so my 6th grader and kindergartener are the only ones in their class.

It's the best!!
We do a co-op on Friday. The younger one has about 7 kids and the older one has between 6 and 15 depending on the class, he changes between 5 classes.

Alicia said...

That's the best class size ever!

Stephanie Kay said...

You know we're home schooling, too. So our class size is 1 first grader, 1 Pre-K4, 1 Pre-K3, and 1 toddler (sniff, sniff).

Lord, help me!!!

Alicia said...

Steph, did it hurt a little to write "toddler"? It's hard to imagine!

AudreyO said...

No kids in school :)

sues2u2 said...

I have a 7th grader who has on average 24 - 26 kids per class & a 2nd grader who has 23 kids in her class. My kids attend a public school that is pre-k through 8th grade though. We love it. OH & Arizona (last time I checked) STILL doesn't have a balanced budget. Our school districts have lost tons of money but our little district is doing fine.

Becca said...

No kids...but when I was in elementary school we had up to 30-35 kids per class and we all ended up fine lol

Dena said...

My class size is 1, you know. We have cousins in Las Vegas who have 40+ in their classes.

kailani said...

My older girl is in the 2nd grade and has 24 in her class. My younger girl is in preschool and has 12 classmates.

Katelyn said...

Hey, I gave you an award on my blog! Thanks for all the great blog posts!