September 19, 2007

Living Situation

We are living in military housing about 4 miles from the housing we lived in before the kids and I moved to Dallas. It is just a few years old and very nice. We have 3 bedrooms, 2½ baths, 2 living areas, and a 2-car garage. I have no reason to complain, and have determined in my heart that I will not!

Oh, and the most important thing is that we have central A/C. Background story: We didn’t have A/C in our last housing. That’s usually not a problem at all in San Diego, but there was a heat wave last summer. That combined with the fact that Samantha’s CF causes her to dehydrate very easily (even right now her dietician has her on Gatorade every day) caused me to be a little bit of a crazy person. If you didn’t have the privilege of hearing me freak out about it (and there can’t be many of you), feel lucky!!! One of the reasons I moved to Dallas was to be able to move back to this housing and make sure Sam wouldn’t spend another summer like that.

No comments: