September 19, 2007

Returning to San Diego

Trip to SD – My mom drove with me and the kids back to San Diego. Timothy has always been great on long trips, but Samantha thinks otherwise! Driving to TX in Dec was quite challenging, but she discovered the joy of Dora and Diego movies. What did parents do before movie players? This trip couldn't have been easier. I am so thankful to my mom for making that trip with me-it was lots of fun!

Return of the USS Antietam -- After 7 years with Dan, this was my first "homecoming", and it was high energy. The whole pier radiated happiness. They had a balloon maker, and Timothy & another boy had about a 10 minute sword fight with their sword-balloons. Samantha was a little scared to go to Daddy (that was fixed by the end of the day), but Timothy was in heaven. In fact, he didn’t even want to leave until he could “go on Daddy’s ship”. I was interviewed that day by the L.A. Times. It is by no means a perfect quote, but I think he got the general tone of what I was saying. Here is the link:

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-small28aug28,1,949666.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

No comments: