February 15, 2008

Thirsty for God

Psalm 42:1-2 "As the deer pants for streams of water, so my soul pants for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God for the living God. Where can I go and meet with God?"

I'm sharing my own thoughts instead of my devotional's. This verse struck me from the very first phrase. I haven't been near any deer, but I've been around a dog when it's panting. They sound like they're going to die!!! You can hear the desperation for water. I hadn't ever thought of that before. Does my soul long like that? No. Oh, but I want it to. I want Him to be who I'm desperate for. And then I love that question in verse 2. "Where can I go and meet with God?" I find myself often asking, "where can I go to get away from my kids," but it's usually because I want to get away from them and not run TO my God. That's where I am-praying for a thirst.