December 15, 2008

2008 Virtual Tour of Homes

I've been in Texas since I wrote last, and have lots of fun stuff to blog about! While I'm writing those posts, I thought I would take you on a Christmas tour of my home! I must start with the stockings because Tip Junkie was kind enough to answer my question: "Do you have some creative ideas for hanging stockings without a mantle?" She found several solutions (thank you, Tip Junkie!), and I decided on this one:

In case you're wondering why I only have 2, I just never got around to buying more as the family has grown! So for at least one more year only the kids have them.



"Mommy and Daddy's" Nativity:


"Samantha and Timothy's" Nativity:



This Christmas tic-tac-toe set is a child favorite...



These are my 2 "new" things this year...

I actually already had this small tree, the Christmas balls, and the tree topper, but I've never put them together like this. The simplicity is very much "me". Dan brought the tree skirt (it's actually a table runner) back from Dubai last year, and I think it's such a nice complement to this tree topper that I'm going to make it a Christmas item!



This is our advent calendar purchased at Target this year. Each square can hold 2 pieces of candy or 2 small ornaments. The kids have enjoyed this thoroughly. I give them the choice of hanging their ornament on the little tree (pictured above) or the main tree. Timothy always picks the small tree, and Samantha always picks the tall tree.



To help you get in the Christmas spirit, head on over to Tip Junkie's Virtual Tour of Homes-Holiday Edition.

4 comments:

Stephanie Kay said...

Love the tic tac toe game!! So cute. Also, my star tree topper is almost identical. The little tree is very sweet.

Anonymous said...

Awww....Very nicely done! Thanks for sharing your home with us.

Merry Christmas!

Bonita said...

Very pretty! That is one cool tic-tac-toe board!

Searching for God in the everyday said...

Okay, the tic-tac-toe set is just too cute! And I really like your advent calendar with the nativity. Unlike any one I have ever seen. Thanks for having us into your home. Merry CHRISTmas!