December 28, 2008

Graduation: Then and Now

I recently wrote about the fact that President George W. Bush was the commencement speaker at my brother's graduation a couple of weeks ago. It's still hard for me to believe he's a college graduate since he was only 9 years old when I graduated. Here's a little walk down memory lane.

Alex on his graduation day...


Alex on my graduation day...


Each of us in our cap and gowns...


Our mother with each of us...


Friends of Alex...


Friends of mine...


I had to post this particular picture because right in front 2 to the left of me is none other than Stephanie long before she was Stephaniesmommybrain. In some ways it feels like yesterday and in other ways it feels like a lifetime ago!

So what was your hair style when you graduated from college?

9 comments:

Kristen M. said...

I like the new look of your blog. Hmm, I remember wearing clothing like those in the picture below. I graduated hs in 94 & college in 98. Styles sure have changed since then.

Lil' Chris' Mom said...

I also like the new blog look:) I like how you compared all the pics:)
M

Anonymous said...

You look so good in the pic with Alex...I think we have matching jackets!
Love all the pictures

Anonymous said...

The internet ate my comment from this morning!! It went something like this...

Did you have to include the arrow?! That was such a lifetime ago. 2 years before I became someone's wife. And 8 years before I became someone's momma. There are moments when I wish I could go back to that kind of freedom. But I'd have to give up to much in exchange. I would be nice to be neighbors with you again instead of on opposite coasts! How about we meet in the middle? I hear TX is a nice place to live. = )

Alicia said...

Crazy about the comment! I wondered if you were just going to pretend I didn't post it! I really DID have to put the giant arrow because I got printshop for Christmas, and it was my first test. Does making it photo related justify it a little more? Plus, I wasn't really sure people would recognize me (especially strangers), so saying you were 2 people down from me wasn't very much information! TX sounds perfect! Any way to convince our husbands to move there? We would make Sheila very happy.

Anonymous said...

It did it again!! I think it's the word verification thing... ugh!

I'm thinking what goes around comes around? = )

Alicia said...

I hope it's not the new template. I don't think there have been problems before right?

Well, before you start picture payback, I want you to know there are more pictures where this one came from.

Unknown said...

Ha--I had just commented on Stephanie's blog that I didn't know she knew you irl, and she told me to check this out.

I think that my hairstyle was just like Stephanie's -- at some point in college anyway!

Michele said...

How fun seeing these pics - several of those faces look familiar - but definitely those styles ring some bells!!!

(I'm so behind on blogs - I have 22 entries in my reader from your blog alone! EEK!)