July 2, 2008

My baby boy is 5

I have such a unique relationship with Timothy, birthed from continually trying to understand him and connect with him emotionally. He's a bright boy, but so many things (everything socially) he has done a year to 2 years behind anyone his own age. Even though he is quite independent (aka strong willed), this "delay" has allowed me to have him as a baby longer than I normally would have been able to. Things are changing, though, and he is reminding us daily that he is maturing. It's painful and beautiful all at the same time.

He turned 5 yesterday, and since he just promoted to the school-aged SS class we decided to get him a Bible for his birthday. Kid's Bibles are so cool nowadays! When I was a girl we had Precious Moments, but not all the hundreds of options they have now. Anyway, I got him the Super Heroes Bible, along with some Bible Hero action figures that he asks for every time we go to Berean. His b-day party with friends won't be for a couple of weeks, so you'll see more pics then.

3 comments:

Kristen M. said...

Happy Birthday. Looks like a great Bible for a five year old.

Anonymous said...

So glad you ar eback! I missed you! And how sweet about his birthday. I think I might need to talk with you about some issues that we have been having with Bowden. i am not sure where to go and waht to do. Nothing majoy but I do not know how to handle them. Since he and Timothy are similar in many ways I thought you might be able to offer some advice!

Stephanie Kay said...

How is it our boys are 5?! It was just yesterday we were emailing about our first ultrasounds and nervousness at being moms. Now look at us! = ) Happy Labor Day to Alicia! = )