November 4, 2008

"Because you are Americans!"

Last year, our little family of four walked together to the voting booths. Dan and I did our best to explain the voting process to our 4 & 1 yr olds! Well, this year Dan is gone and had to vote absentee, so I decided to vote after taking Timothy to school. I figured 1 child would be enough to handle while I filled out my ballot!

Being from Texas, I'm used to living in a state that's not exactly considered "battleground"! And yet, voting is so exciting to me! And to top it off, it's raining today!!! That's my favorite weather, and it happens about 5 times a year in San Diego! My voting location had about 12 or so voting booths, and I would say almost half of the people there had preschoolers. So child friendly! Here are some pics from our voting adventure.

I was trying (failing) at getting a picture of us in line, and the girls (in their 20's?) in front of us offered to take our picture! So here we are in front of the voting rules.

It was getting quite chilly, so I waited to take the "I voted" pictures until we got home. I can't get Samantha just to smile at the camera. If I say smile, she says, "CHEESE!" As you can see...


But this is my favorite...



In case you can't understand her...when I ask her "Why did you get to vote?" She says, "Because you are Americans!"

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The video made me want to cry! I took all three of mine and we had a great time!!! God bless America!

danette said...

I love it! What a great experience for both of you :)

SarahJeanie said...

HOW CUTE!!!!!! She is getting so big!

Stephanie Kay said...

How fun! I think it's important that we take our kids with us when we vote.

careysue said...

She is soooooo cute...I voted, glad this election is almost over!! :) Tired of the commercials!

I could just kiss her face off!!!

Pam said...

I had only one with me today too! only took 20 minutes!! WHOO HOO!!

Kristen M. said...

It's funny that you mention the rain. I was in shock this morning when I opened the door to take the kids to school and it was raining. It was so unexpected and the first "real" rain that I've seen since I've moved here. It's my favorite kind of fall-ish weather too.

Lil' Chris' Mom said...

That was so cute! I think that's the first time I heard her talk:)

That was a good idea taking pics, since this one will go down in history. Now she will have proof that she was there:)
M