- The Paper Bag Christmas by Kevin Alan Milne-This was a giveaway over on Tara's View on Books and someone else won it. Miriam Parker, who works for the publisher, saw that I entered the contest so she emailed me asking if I would be interested in a review copy. The book looked intriguing to me, so I said yes! I will be reviewing this book soon.
- Heroes at Home by Ellie Kay-this is the only one I'm actually reading right now! It's written for family members of our military. It includes practical tips to simplify military life and personal anecdotes of what others have been through. I was given this book at MOPS!
- The New Language of Toys by Sue Schwartz and Joan E. Heller Miller- I won this on 5 Minutes for Special Needs Books, and plan on putting it into practice quickly. It deals with using play to encourage speech and language.
- Boomtown: Chang's Famous Fireworks by Nowen N. Particular-Stephanie told me that Thomas Nelson Publishing is building a team of Book Review Bloggers. Any blogger can receive free products in exchange for writing reviews. I was given 4 options initially. Two were thrillers, 1 was a book on tape, and this was the 4th one. I have to admit I'm drawn to the name of this author!!! This book is on it's way, but it will be on my nightstand shortly!
- A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens-I want to participate in next week's online book club, right here at 5 Minutes for Books. I can't quite remember if I've ever read A Christmas Carol (high school?), so I'm excited! I told the librarians yesterday that my favorite movie version is The Muppets. They both said, "It's the best one!"
November 24, 2008
What's on your Nightstand?
5 Minutes for Books carnival. I have an eclectic group on my nightstand right now!