November 30, 2008

The Painful Reality of Cystic Fibrosis

One significant change in my life that has occurred this year because of blogging is that I am now part of a Cystic Fibrosis community. It is precious to me and has brought me a great deal of joy. Tonight I recognize the fact that when you are part of a community, you also hurt when anyone in that community hurts. I learned today that Robyn, a beautiful woman w/CF I met through blogging, passed away today. I felt a strange connection to her...not only did she have CF, but she was a military wife. And her daughter's name, Lola, is what my children call my mother. It breaks my heart that she did not receive her badly needed transplant in time, and I ask you to pray for her family as they begin the grieving process.

5 comments:

Allison said...

I'm so sorry. I have many, many relatives with CF as well as dear relatives of my husband's. It's a horrible disease and I hope a cure will be found someday soon.

careysue said...

I am so sorry. I go along day to day not thinking too much about the ramifications of this horrible disease, until I hear something like this.

I will pray for this family, and all families directly affected by this disease.

Christy said...

WOW Alicia,
I'll be praying for her family. What a tough thing. I have lost so many CF friends. We've come such a long way, but have so far to go. I heard where some centers have had to waste some of their organs because there weren't enough people on the waiting list. That is so hard for me to believe. I think the problem is insurance and people's ability to pay for the transplant. I hope that changes soon.

Stephanie Kay said...

Sometimes words just aren't enough.

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

Not something that I know a lot about, but I do know about loss. Prayers for you and your friends family!