November 23, 2008

Celebrating 8 Years of Marriage!

Dan and I opted to celebrate our anniversary last night since there was Parent's Night Out at the YMCA, and both kids love it. Makes them feel that the 4 1/2 hours away from us is for them! In a highly unusual, highly exciting twist, Dan told me he had a surprise planned for the night. He would be wearing his Dress Blues, and I needed to buy a dress! The search for that dress is a post all to itself, but thankfully I found one!

There was a great deal of "buzz" in our home as we were getting ready. Samantha was sleeping, but Timothy could definitely tell this was not a normal night. He's never seen either of us work so hard to get ready for something! And he was our little helper. I had him take 2 necklaces to Dan to pick out which one would be more appropriate for this secret place! Before Dan and I were ready, Timothy was begging us to open the presents: "Are we (WE?) ever going to open these?"

We let Timothy address both cards (every chance to practice writing):


I wanted Dan to open his first:

I'm the resident picture taker, but we've been planning on getting him his own for his upcoming deployment. I decided to make it a little early, and he was happily surprised. That's always fun!

Then my turn to open this...an 8 inch digital picture frame!!!!!


It's very cool and can hold a ton of photos! I love that we got each other photo related presents. It's too funny! Next we rushed the kids in the car to get to our "6:30 appointment time" that was not dinner reservations. I was so curious...and then we pulled up to Sears Essentials. Dan had booked an appt for us to get our pictures taken together...just us, no kids. What an amazingly thoughtful present. I was kind of beaming (like I'm not always), but I'm still just smiling thinking about it. We had a nice photographer, and we came away with some pictures that I'm very pleased with...








This on the ground pose thing was so cheesy, but it turned out to be my favorite one! Dan and I never had engagement pictures taken (we were living in 2 different countries), and there are really very few wedding day photos that are just bride and groom! I don't even know how to put into words how grateful I am for this sweet gift Dan gave to me. Thank you, honey!!!

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversay! What amazing pictures! They will be something you can always cherish! You think Dan can give my husband a few tips? LOL
Have a great weekend!
Angea
www.phoenixsfight.blogspot.com

BloggyMom said...

What an amazing gift!! Happy Anniversary!!

Sharon said...

Wow, that was a GREAT, meaningful, thoughtful gift! How wonderful and special for you. Happy Anniversary!!!!!

Stephanie Kay said...

How funny that you had a photo theme to the evening and didn't plan it that way!! Those pictures are fabulous! I can't believe you had them done at Sears. Way to go, Dan!

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

I think you might have yourself a winner there Alicia~ So happy that you could make some memories in print! They are really good photos!

Kelli said...

Happy 8th Anniversary! Your pictures are fantastic and I am sure you will all treasure them. Nice job Dan!
Kelli

danette said...

Happy Anniversary! What an awesome gift, your pictures turned out beautiful!

Lil' Chris' Mom said...

Awwww how cute was that:)
I love the whole picture theme...camera, photo frame, and getting pics done. Maybe you can put your new pics on your photo frame??? They turned out really nice, you guys make a cute couple:)
M

Kristen M. said...

That's an awesome gift and you look beautiful in the pictures. I'd have a huge smile on my face too if my husband surprised me like that (he hates having his picture taken so that is very likely!)

Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

I love the idea! That Dan is not turning out so bad...please tell him I said so.

Christi said...

WOW! 1st of all, what a great surprise! 2nd...Dan is smiling!!!!! What a wonderful, thoughtful present...I love it. You two look great, by the way. I miss you all.

Christy said...

Happy Anniversary!!! What awesome pics!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Awesome photos!

We just celebrated our 22nd!
Barbara

Kori said...

Aww Happy Anniversary!

And the Pictures are AWESOME! You guys look great together.

And you just look so giidy and in-love.

Cara said...

I LOVE the new pics of you an Dan! So sweet! :)

SarahJeanie said...

Your pictures are amazing! You look beautiful!!!! I love your hair! What a thoughtful gift for your husband to give you! Congrats on your anniversary!

Michele said...

Wow - amazing pictures! You look stunning, my friend!