February 9, 2009

Magic Marker Monday: JMAKE




Timothy's school has an art program that is led by parent volunteers. There have been some very creative projects this year, including painting tiles to put in our brand new library! Timothy attends a magnet school who's emphasis is "global citizenship". In this project JMAKE (the art program) partnered with a sister school in Rome, Italy. Each school used Arthus Bertrand's aerial photographs as an inspiration for these watercolors. Our K-3 students were given aerial views of their own school and told to paint what they saw!

Timothy's picture is in the 2nd column, 4th down, and as you can see it's pretty bleached out. It says "I love you" which I'm sure is written somewhere in the landscape around Timothy's school. These are all the paintings from Timothy's class put together, and I think it's just amazing! Such a creative idea.

For more Magic Marker Mondays, visit 5 Minutes for Special Needs.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this idea -- so clever! Timothy did a lovely job! I have a little one who writes "I Love You" on all of her drawings too and I think it's adorable ;) Nice work, Timothy!

~Michelle @ 5MFSN

Anonymous said...

Also very impressive that the art program is run by parents. Children benefit so much from parent involvement in public schools.

Barbara

Stephanie Kay said...

What a fun idea! My kids love looking at Google Earth and Maps. I never thought of having them draw what they are looking at.

Jenn said...

It was a great project and I think the kids liked it (from talking to them about it) -- Bryan's is the last one in the last row..

Z-Kids said...

These are great!
Z-Dad