Day 2-note home from the teacher
Day 3-note home from the teacher
Day 4-called by nurse around 10 (an hour into school) today to please come pick up Timothy
All 3 incidents were completely different scenarios, but they did all create the same reaction in Timothy "I DON'T WANT TO DO THAT!!!!" All three scenes happened in the morning. He has had very good afternoons, evidently.
No, this hasn't been a purely horrific experience, but it sure has been an emotional one. I am grateful that...
- He likes his school (I really dread the morning we have to battle GOING to school).
- He likes his teacher (and I do too).
- I've already made a kind friend...a mother of another boy in T's class.
- The staff has a hands on approach to this. They will be meeting on Monday to create an "action plan" for Timothy (yes, that stings). The nurse and teacher told me they will be recommending half day kindergarten. I think that will be great, but it takes a very special circumstance (because of district issues) for a child to get it.
- Both his teacher and the school nurse (who took a thorough history of Timothy today) care very much. They are practical, and I have yet to get that "can't you fix your son?" tone.
Please pray for our situation. God knows what's best for Timothy. I just need to trust Him!