September 9, 2008

CF Update: CF Trust Calendars

The United Kingdom has the "CF Trust", which is the equivalent to our "CF Foundation". Lorraine Barnes, mother of 2 boys with CF, has a wonderful fundraising idea...calendars! She asked for pictures from anyone who has CF, and because I think this is a great cause, I sent her a picture of Samantha! The calendars will be out later this year, but Lorraine has put a slide show together. Just click here for the slide show. As you can see by the 20 minute video, Lorraine received an overwhelming response! When I watched it tonight, Samantha was at the 4:12 mark. And the picture I submitted to the calendar is the picture I decided on for this contest, which completely personifies Samantha's personality. The quality of the picture is not great (I had to zoom in a bunch), so if you can't really see it on the show, here it is:



Next month: Quarterly CF Appointment

4 comments:

Christi said...

I love that picture! So is she going to be in the calendar? Oh friend, I just got caught up on all your latest blogs and I hurt for you...I know it has to be so hard with the school thing. I am anxious to hear what they had to tell you today. I love you and I am praying for you and T.

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

It was kind of hard for me to see Sam because of the effects of the video. Are you planning to post a copy of the pic? I really want to see it now!

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

VERY cute!! I thought from the video that she was peeking through a fence but I wasn't sure. Thanks for posting this pic. When will you know the results of the contest?

lonestar818 said...

What a beautiful picture!