September 22, 2008

Day 13: Goodbye, Wichita, Hello, Dodge City

Christi's was our last stop of many friends and family. We headed due West to Dodge City, KS. They have a little historical/tourist area called Boot Hill. We saw...

trains


"The town"


a "saloon"



and even cowboys (KS, not TX)


We got back to the hotel exhausted. I found myself staring off into space when Dan said, "Alicia, you look sad." You guys, I just starting bawling. I cried for a while, too, because I had just had an amazing 2 weeks, and I didn't want to say good-bye to so many people I care about. It doesn't lessen the fact that I enjoy living in San Diego, but sometimes I want those people who are special to me (and spread out everywhere) to live a little closer. I feel blessed to have people in my life that I miss when they aren't around.

2 comments:

Christi said...

We are blessed to have you in our lives too, my friend. I love you

Stephanie Kay said...

Totally know the feeling! When we get home from that kind of trip Joel and I always talk about how we feel like we have 2 separate lives - our life in RI and our family/friends around the globe. It's weird.