This trip would not have been the same without Andy & Danni (my BIL & SIL). The kids loved getting to spend time with them, and as you can see Samantha did not miss any opportunities to do some climbing!
It's been a long time since she's had "Daddy-sized arms" to hold her!
Thank you, Andy & Danni. We love you guys!
We did not eat at many restaurants, but I can give a few food tips. Of course food was not cheap, but the good news is that you can really find some good-tasting and even healthy options.
1. Fruit-all over both parks are fresh fruit stands. So cool! You can buy a piece of fruit for $1.75 or $2.75, which is no more expensive than any other snack. It was great to fill my kids' bellies with a banana before cotton candy or churros! And I'm especially impressed that with our concern of childhood obesity, Disney is actually doing something about it!
2. Bakery Tour & Mission Tortilla Factory Tour-I know you're thinking...really, you went to Disneyland & wasted your time on a factory tour? Why do them?
- They are fast. The tortilla tour was maybe 3 minutes, and the bakery tour was a little longer.
- They are educational. There is a short video before each one, and the tortilla tour video really caught both of my kids' attention.
- They give samples-the bakery tour sample was kind of weak, but you get a free tortilla at the tortilla tour! AND, if you are wearing your Birthday pin, you get an entire pack of tortillas!
- Right behind the Mission Tortilla Factory is DELICIOUS Mexican food restaurant, so you might as well walk through the factory to get there!
4. Redd Rockett's Pizza Port-This is in Tomorrowland at Disneyland, and it's fast & spacious. If you're just getting pizza (which was us), you can go on through and don't even have to stand in line. If you want pasta dishes or large salads, those options are available as well.
As just another example of how we were thinking alike. Andy & Danni bought this pretzel:
And I bought this sourdough bread at the fruit stand right outside the Bakery Tour:
Assignment #2 on 31DBBB was Write a List Post. I love list posts and possibly use them way too often, but this post is another example of one.