April 29, 2009

What's on Your Nightstand: April/May


April's Nightstand...

I read This is Your Brain on Joy for Thomas Nelson publishers, and you can read that review here...


And I had every intention of reading a dog-themed classic, but I just couldn't squeeze it in. My husband read Where the Red Fern Grows for the 5 Minutes for Books children's classic carnival, but he didn't receive the book I ordered for him until after the fact! I'm very happy he still read it and reviewed it for my blog, and you can read that here.


I've also read 2 Love Inspired Suspense novels. This is a series of mysteries that is described as "contemporary tales of intrigue and romance featuring Christian characters facing challenges to their faith... and their lives!" These are EXTREMELY basic. I keep them on my nightstand all the time, and they help me wind down. I always like a nice mystery, but these are simple enough that it doesn't get my mind racing. I'm usually ready for bed in a few pages!

On to May...

Face of Betrayal is my next Thomas Nelson book to review! I guess I'm in a mystery phase right now. I haven't read fiction for Thomas Nelson since my first review, Boomtown, and I'm excited to dig in! Since I've already received it, I will probably end up reading 2 Thomas Nelson books this month.


For the May Children's Classics on May 12 the theme is: Future Children's Classics (i.e., books you think will become classics in the future). I plan on finding a few books, and I would love to pick out some published in 2009 that are potential medal winners.

To take a peek at what other people are reading, go to 5 Minutes for Books.

3 comments:

morninglight mama said...

Oh, I'm so looking forward to seeing what books people put into the category of Future Classics! Happy reading!

Stephanie's Mommy Brain said...

Good job with the reading. I can't just put fiction down. It consumes me or I consume it. Which is why I rarely read fiction.

Lisa writes... said...

Never read Where the Red Fern Grows, but just thinking about the movie makes me sad!

Happy Reading!