August 28, 2009

Proverbs 28

1 The wicked man flees though no one pursues,
but the righteous are as bold as a lion.

That is so true! When we have done things we want to keep secret, we live like someone is going to find out at any second! Oh, Lord, I want to live a life where I would have no shame in people finding out what I do when no one is watching.

13 He who conceals his sins does not prosper,
but whoever confesses and renounces them finds mercy.

I love this combination of words "confesses and renounces". Even fools will admit sins, but it's when we confess them with heart desire to renounce them that true repentance occurs.

23 He who rebukes a man will in the end gain more favor
than he who has a flattering tongue.

This is tough to read.

26 He who trusts in himself is a fool,
but he who walks in wisdom is kept safe.

How many times do I trust in myself? When will I ever stop?

No comments: