March 31, 2009

I Read It! Easter Edition

I Read It!

I really don't have a library of Easter books, so I was very thankful when Carrie wrote this post. We ended up reading these two books, and they were fantastic. Carrie describes them perfectly.
One thing I really like about the Happy Day Easter books is that they connect the traditional festivities we participate in to the true meaning of Easter. I liked this series so much that I bought two more in it...


This book portrays the Biblical Easter story and on each page there are 3-4 questions to engage the child's thought processes. These books have a "reader" type format, so they are simple enough for my kindergartner to read on his own and yet present real Biblical truth.


The bookstore I was at also sold the coloring books in the series. The exact same words are on each page above or below the picture. I bought the coloring book version of this last book. This gives my 3 yr old a way to interact with the story more personally. Plus, it was half the price!

For more I Read It! posts, click over to 5 Minutes for Books!

8 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh YAY! I'm glad you liked them. I don't have a collection of Easter books worth anything so I was happy to discover these.

Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Great post, thanks for the reviews. :)

Christi said...

We have a couple of those and I love them too. Thanks for the good info!

Alicia said...

Carrie, I'm sad to see that there aren't many Easter books at all. The saleslady at Berean told me they got less this year than ever before! Even though the economy is tough, I'm still a little surprised. There were tons of Halloween/Thanksgiving/Christmas books.

Amy @ Hope Is the Word said...

We have that first book, I think.

It is difficult to find quality Easter books, so I'm always glad to have a few more to add to my list. Thanks!

Kristie said...

My daughter has "The Best Thing About Easter" and I love it! Very cute way to teach the kids what Easter is all about.

Zoe Isabella said...

Alicia,
Hi! Been out of town...and having a party for my parents...sorry I haven't been able to keep in touch.
You are always welcome to 'share' anything from my blog.
I LOVE your new camera! I'm jealous...I want a new one! I take pics all the time.
How are you holding up with hubby gone? I hope ok.
Hugs to you....
Jada

Stephanie said...

I need to add these to my library list to look for!