March 16, 2009

Weekend Wrapup #5

I'm backtracking big time, but when this deployment is over I want to look back and read about each weekend, so here goes...

Saturday, Feb 21st was our AWANA Games competition. Timothy has 2 characteristics that work against eachother. He is extremely competitive, but like many SPD children, he lacks coordination. Our parenting philosophy is two fold: 1) practice makes perfect (which Timothy has actually started to quote!) and 2) let him lose until he learns that winning is not everything in life. Timothy was disappointed that our team didn't win at the games, but he recovered in a shorter amount of time than the last time he didn't win. We call that progress!

Sunday, Feb 22nd I had a cookie exchange (or combining) with other wives from Dan's ship, and we mailed the division a bunch of cookies. I haven't heard anything about the package, so I think they STILL haven't gotten them. Think they'll be good?

1 comment:

Stephanie Kay said...

Yum! Nothing like month old cookies to say "I love you, Honey!" :)

Yeah for Timothy's progress!! Will doesn't have any delays but he has those same issues - and resulting tantrums. I'll confess the apple didn't fall far from the tree on that one. ;)