March 30, 2009

My Life. In Pictures: Something New


Everything Except The Grill is hosting a wonderful Photo Challenge this week. I think it looks like a lot of fun...

Monday- Something new
Tuesday- Something on your table
Wednesday- The view from your front door
Thursday- Something you do each day
Friday- Something old

My "something new" is my new Nikon D50 SLR my mother sent me! My camera had been having all kinds of problems and needs a great deal of repair! But to make sure I would have a wonderful, working camera for Disneyland, my mother sent me hers. I'll never be able to take pics without an SLR again. I can take delicate pictures like this one now...



Head on over to Everything Except the Grill to see more "something new" pictures.

10 comments:

Amber D. said...

Beautiful picture! What kind of flower is that? I'm so glad you are joining us!

Christi said...

That sounds really fun!

Alicia said...

Amber, I honestly don't know! It grows in my backyard (obviously not planted by me), and when I was testing my camera I took a picture of it. If anyone knows the name, please tell me. That would be very helpful!

Anonymous said...

Alicia

LOVE that flower! Thanks for visiting my blog (I love the designer's stuff too!)

joeybelle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Love your photo and your something new!

(great blog design!)

Stop by again soon! Have a wonderful monday!!

Kristie said...

I don't blame you for wanting to keep that camera! Great picture! I look forward to having a nicer camera one day, too :-)

Laura @ My Thoughts-Uninterrupted said...

That flower is beautiful! We need to figure out what type it is!

MJW said...

Gorgeous flowers! See you tomorrow!

Kristen M. said...

Congrats on your new camera. I have a Nikon too. Someday I hope to take a class to learn how to properly use all the features. I'm a point and shoot person by default. It would be fun to actually know what I am doing.

Kathryn said...

This is a beautiful shot!