March 9, 2009

Menu Plan Monday: March 9, 2009

I don't really know if I will repeat this, as I am not really a "meal planner", but I have 2 goals this week, and so meal planning was an easy side effect. These goals are:
  1. Completely finish the 2 full bags of broccoli and carrots in my fridge.
  2. Eat 5 Fruits & Veggies a day, as recommended by the CDC.
With no further ado...

Monday...Poppy Seed Chicken, Brown Rice, Steamed Broccoli
Tuesday...Chicken Broccoli Braid, Carrots
Wednesday...Fried Fish, Brown Rice, Steamed Broccoli
Thursday...leftovers because of karate night
Friday...Chicken Stir Fry, Brown Rice

For more menus and links to recipes, head over to Org Junkie!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipes - they look good - and welcome! I'm with you; sometimes it feels strange to do MPM because I'm not much of a meal planner, either. Good for you in making some food goals for the week!

The Navy Christian said...

You're eating chicken broccoli braid and poppyseed chicken! Ahhhh! I want to be home! Ok, and to be with you too! Sorry, but your cooking is awesome too!

Steph at Problem Solvin' Mom said...

Sounds fabulous, thanks for the links! Menu planning is definitely helpful when there are specific things you're trying to use up for a week, huh? :)

B, E and C's Mommy said...

I love to plan out our weekly menu! We are having Poppy seed checken tonight, too!!! I planned it out last week ~ how funny! Have a good one.
Angie

Pam said...

I always have a better week when I plan out my menus!! Good job!

I am giving away a cook book this week in my giveaways! along with other things! come see!!!

Unknown said...

We try to incorporate veggies and fruits in every meal and of course, that's what our snacks are.
Lots of good eats at your house. Enjoy.

Kristen M. said...

This is funny because I just did my first ever menu plan monday post right before coming over here. Great minds think alike? Enjoy sticking to your plan!

Stephanie Kay said...

Your poor tortured husband! :)

So, how did you plan work out?