January 19, 2009

Deployment Prayer Requests


I know this suddenly feels like a military blog! It won't be military only forever, but this first week back to blogging you may see a little extra than normal. The biggie we need is prayer!! I'm such a big believer in it. I don't even think of it as "the thing you can do for me since you live far away". It's THE most important thing. And I'm going to list 7 items in case you decide to pray for us regularly. This way you can pray for one thing each day of the week.
  1. My physical health-The only thing worse than being single mom is being a sick single mom! Last deployment I had emergency gallbladder surgery. No thank you.
  2. Samantha's physical health-Obviously this is a constant concern. We want to keep those lungs maximized to their full potential! But then there are other complications to a hospital visit when I'm a single parent.
  3. Sexual purity for both of us
  4. Timothy's anger management and need for control-He has come a long way in 4 months of school, and I don't want to see him regress.
  5. Spiritual growth-what better time for both Dan and me to grow in the Lord than when we recognize our need for Him?
  6. Emotional strength-I think it's fine to long for when Dan returns, but I don't want to pine away for 6+ months. That's half a year of living I need to do!
  7. Support system-I have a good support system, but I need to develop it and remember ways to utilize it. Dan has a limited support system. I pray that God will surround him with men, both on and off the ship, who want to do the right thing.
Thank you in advance!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

I will be praying - and I appreciate the suggestions. :)

Cara said...

Praying for you!

BloggyMom said...

Will keep you in my prayers!

The Wristen Family said...

Absolutely, you will always be in my prayers. It gets me thinking what we can do during our own deployment time! You have no idea what a blessing you are to us! I love you and miss you!

Stephanie Kay said...

I do love specific prayer requests!

Anonymous said...

Is he really going to be gone for 6 months? God bless you. I just had a break down at home on day 4.