I know this suddenly feels like a military blog! It won't be military only forever, but this first week back to blogging you may see a little extra than normal. The biggie we need is prayer!! I'm such a big believer in it. I don't even think of it as "the thing you can do for me since you live far away". It's THE most important thing. And I'm going to list 7 items in case you decide to pray for us regularly. This way you can pray for one thing each day of the week.
- My physical health-The only thing worse than being single mom is being a sick single mom! Last deployment I had emergency gallbladder surgery. No thank you.
- Samantha's physical health-Obviously this is a constant concern. We want to keep those lungs maximized to their full potential! But then there are other complications to a hospital visit when I'm a single parent.
- Sexual purity for both of us
- Timothy's anger management and need for control-He has come a long way in 4 months of school, and I don't want to see him regress.
- Spiritual growth-what better time for both Dan and me to grow in the Lord than when we recognize our need for Him?
- Emotional strength-I think it's fine to long for when Dan returns, but I don't want to pine away for 6+ months. That's half a year of living I need to do!
- Support system-I have a good support system, but I need to develop it and remember ways to utilize it. Dan has a limited support system. I pray that God will surround him with men, both on and off the ship, who want to do the right thing.