January 25, 2009

Weekend Wrapup #1: Keeping Busy

I just made it through my first week with a deployed spouse and most importantly I made it through my first Saturday! I find that day the hardest because it's the only day of the week that I don't have a regularly scheduled event. So I'm going to start highlighting our Saturday activities, and it may also include Sunday here and there.

Yesterday was busy...

We started the festivities with a birthday party. We are quite blessed to live in very nice military housing that has playgrounds every few blocks. There is such a nice community atmosphere here, and lots of people host b-day parties at these play areas. It's always fun to walk to a birthday party!





We left from there and went to AWANA Games practice. Yes, our AWANA Sparks and T&T kids will compete against other AWANA groups in Feb, but we have to practice before then! The first hour they walked all over campus (very hilly) balancing bean bags on their heads, and then the 2nd hour they practiced the games. Timothy was intense. Samantha played with all the excess toys, and then she took a snack break. She is meticulous about her orange peeling!



And if that wasn't enough to wear them out, I took them to the YMCA last night! Samantha fell asleep on the way there and Timothy was asleep when I picked them up. He never falls asleep like that-he was exhausted.

I signed them up at the Y because I was invited to a White Elephant party. I got one of the more normal gifts...a snow globe. Someone received 90210 Season 3. That's funny. The party was a lot of fun.

I also put my foot down about an ongoing issue of music in our car. The kids always ask to skip this song or that song (usually because it's slow), and I finally made a "no skipping" rule. Timothy caught it the first time, but Samantha is still learning.

We have a new "favorite" Veggie Tales cd called The Incredible Singing Christmas Tree. You can click on the link to hear excerpts. Make sure you listen to #7! Timothy has now decided to assign us all parts. He says that when Daddy comes home he can be Mr. Lunt!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics! Sounds like a fun Saturday! Glad you got some mom time!
Take care!
Angela

Unknown said...

I am glad the first week went good for you. Birthday parties are always good Saturday entertainment!
Thanks for reading Sawyer's story and for leaving a comment!

Stephanie Kay said...

Wow! You are busy! I get tired just hearing about all you do!

Kristen M. said...

Glad to hear your first week went well. We need to work on meeting up. Tuesday afternoons (after 1:30) or weekends would work for me. I haven't been around to comment much but hopefully I'll get back into a blogging mood again soon.

Pam said...

hey, just wanted you to know I was over, checking out how you are doing, looks like you are keeping busy... i am so jealous of your green grass... ;) hope you get the blog trouble fixed up soon!

OceanDesert said...

Your kiddos are ADORABLE!! :)