January 27, 2009

What's on your Nightstand?



Books I've read:

For the Tough Times, by Max Lucado. You can read that review here.

Your Money or Your Life, by Joe Dominguez and Vicki Robin. The few chapters I made it through seemed good, but I have decided to opt out for right now. Just too much on my plate.

Olivia, by Ian Falconer. That was part of January's Children's Classics, and I'll be doing a Book To Screen review in February!

Currently reading:

The Story Girl, by L.M. Montgomery. Technically, this book is not on my nightstand because I left it at my PT appt yesterday. Ugh. It's a library book! I have to call this morning to track it down. And the worst part is I didn't have it to read before going to sleep last night!

Golden Road, by L.M. Montgomery is the sequel, and I plan on reading it as well even if I don't finish by the carnival deadline this Friday.

For February:



The Gift of Psalms is the next book for me to review for Thomas Nelson Publishing. It' s a devotional book of 50 Psalms, plus 30 of them are on cd, read by famous actors.



Same Kind of Different As Me is another Thomas Nelson book. I am not required to review it, but this video grabbed my attention, so I decided to accept an online copy. Since February is Black History Month I am very interested in reading a book that portrays the story of two men from separate worlds coming together.



On a lighter note, I will be reading an A.A. Milne book for Children's Classics.

I think this month's "Nightstand" is more about what's NOT on it than what is on it. I had huge book reading hopes this year, but already 10 days into this deployment I can tell I've got to alter my expectations.

L.M. Montgomery books - I'll have to spread these out throughout the year!

Sound Mind, Sound Mom book club - I guess I'm going to have to opt for a Surviving Mind, Surviving Mom because I'm just not going to be able to do this. Maybe next year! But the books sound great, so if you are interested (just 1 book every 2 months), head over there and check it out.

Want to know if your Nightstand looks like someone else's? Click here.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't love Same Kind of Diff as Me as so many did, but I always like reading others' thoughts on it.

ibeeeg said...

Olivia is a favorite with my 2yo girl. She loves, loves this book and she is liking the new series on nick (I think that is the channel).

Trish said...

I love L.M. Montgomery. Surprisingly, I didn't read any of her books until after college, but I enjoyed them just the same!

Stephanie said...

Love The Story Girl and Golden Road. Favorite LMM books of mine. :) (Although all the goodies that Felicity cooks always make me want to bake something!)

Stephanie Kay said...

I mostly skimmed the money book. It's heavy on philosophy and lite on practical, which is so NOT me.